1. Learn about Resistor Color Codes
2. Practice schematic diagrams and resistor math.
1. Learn about breadboards
2. Learn how to use a multimeter
3. Resistor Lab
4. Work on homework Lab
1. Build a Series circuit powered with 12 volts with 3.3 OHM, 100 OHM, 120 OHM and 220 OHM resisters. What is the overall resistance of the circuit?
2. Build a Series circuit powered with an unknown voltage. The circuit does use 1 mA of current. The circuit contains 1k, 220, 15k and 3.3 OHM resistors. What is the resistance of the circuit? What is the voltage of the battery? Use Kirchoff's Law to show that the voltage drop of each resistor is equal to the overall voltage of the battery.
3. Build a Parallel circuit with 3 branches of resistors all powered with a 7.5 volt battery. The first branch has a 1K OHM resistor, the 2nd branch has a 100 OHM resistor, and 3rd branch has 220 OHM resistor. What is the resistance of the circuit?
4. Build a Parallel circuit with 4 branches. The first branch has a 3.3 ohm resistor, the 2nd branch has 120 ohm resistor, the 3rd branch has 100 ohm resistor and the 4th branch has a 220 ohm resistor. The current is 500 mA. What is the overall resistance of the circuit? What is the battery voltage?
5. Build a Combination parallel and series circuit running on 18 volts. Branch 1 has a 100 ohm and 120 ohm resistors in series. Branch 2 had 2 220 ohm resistors in series. Branch 3 has a 3.3 ohm and 1k resistor in series. What is the overall resistance of the circuit? What is the overall current of the circuit?
6. Build a combination parallel and series circuit running on an unknown voltage but using .230 amps. The first branch has a 120 ohm resistor, branch 2 has a 100 ohm resistor in parallel with a 220 OHM resistor. Branch 3 has a 3.3 ohm resistor in series with two resistors in parallel. The resistors in parallel are 1000 ohm and 15K ohm respectively. What is the overall resistance of the circuit?
Resistors needed for the Lab
1. Make a table to show your predicted resistance, actual resistance, and percent error for each of the 6 circuits.
Build and use an ohm meter to test each of the 6 circuits.
- Admin Forms
Unit 1: Forces and Interactions
- Unit 2: Civil Engineering >
- Unit 3: Waves >
- Semester Exam Review
- Unit 4: Earth and Human Activity >
- Unit 5: Astronomy >
- Unit 6: Electronics and Electricity >
- Unit 8: Arduino Microcontrollers
- Unit 7: Final Exam Review
- Study Tips
- Admin Forms
- Med Term Dictionary
- Chapter 1: Basic Word Structure >
- Chapter 2: Terms Pertaining to the Body as a Whole >
- Chapter 3: Suffixes >
- Chapter 4: Prefixes >
- Chapter 5: Digestive System
- Chapter 6: Digestive System Suffixes
- Chapter 7: Urinary System
- Chapter 8: Female Reproductive System
- Chapter 9: Male Reproductive System
- Chapter 10: Nervous System
- Chapter 11: Cardiovascular System
- 1st Semester Exam
- Chapter 12: Respiratory System
- Chapter 13: Blood System
- Chapter 14: Immune System
- Chapter 15: Musculoskeletal System
- Chapter 16: Skin
- Chapter 17: The Eye and Ear
- Chapter 18: The Endocrine System
- Chapter 19: Oncology
- Chapter 20: Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
- Chapters 21 and 22: Pharmacology and Psychiatry
- Final Exam
- 1D Kinematics >
- 2D Kinematics >
- Dynamics: Forces and Newton's Laws >
- Quarter 1 Exam
- Uniform Circular Motion and gravitation
- Work and Energy
- Linear Momentum and Collisions
- Semester Exam
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Sound Waves
- 3rd Quarter Exam
- Rotational Motion and Angular Momentum
- Electric Charge, Field and potential
- Electric Current. DC circuits, and Ohm's Law
- Test Review >
- Post AP
- Intervention >
- Physics >
- Defining You
- Careers in Science
- Contact Mr. Hendrikse