We are going to add a 7th circuit to your lab, just to make sure you can understand all parts of this learning and are able to complete all calculations and building on you own.
1. Draw a schematic diagram for a 3 branch parallel circuit running off of a 18 volt battery. Branch one should include a 1k ohm and 220 ohm resistor in series, on the way to branch two there is a 3.3 ohm resistor. In branch two there is a 120 ohm resistor in parallel with a 15,000 ohm resistor. Branch three has a 15k resistor in series with two 220 ohm resistors in parallel with each other.
2. Calculate the total resistance of the Circuit.
3. Calculate the total current of the circuit.
4. Build the circuit.
5. Calculate the percent error of the circuit.
1. Prepare to upload your lab into Google Classroom.
2. Open up the Physics study guide and start working on problem #2.
Electronic's Test Study Guide
3. TEST is next class.
1. Build a Series circuit powered with 12 volts with 3.3 OHM, 100 OHM, 120 OHM and 220 OHM resisters. What is the overall resistance of the circuit?
2. Build a Series circuit powered with an unknown voltage. The circuit does use 1 mA of current. The circuit contains 1k, 220, 15k and 3.3 OHM resistors. What is the resistance of the circuit? What is the voltage of the battery? Use Kirchoff's Law to show that the voltage drop of each resistor is equal to the overall voltage of the battery.
3. Build a Parallel circuit with 3 branches of resistors all powered with a 7.5 volt battery. The first branch has a 1K OHM resistor, the 2nd branch has a 100 OHM resistor, and 3rd branch has 220 OHM resistor. What is the resistance of the circuit?
4. Build a Parallel circuit with 4 branches. The first branch has a 3.3 ohm resistor, the 2nd branch has 120 ohm resistor, the 3rd branch has 100 ohm resistor and the 4th branch has a 220 ohm resistor. The current is 500 mA. What is the overall resistance of the circuit? What is the battery voltage?
5. Build a Combination parallel and series circuit running on 18 volts. Branch 1 has a 100 ohm and 120 ohm resistors in series. Branch 2 had 2 220 ohm resistors in series. Branch 3 has a 3.3 ohm and 1k resistor in series. What is the overall resistance of the circuit? What is the overall current of the circuit?
6. Build a combination parallel and series circuit running on an unknown voltage but using .230 amps. The first branch has a 120 ohm resistor, branch 2 has a 100 ohm resistor in parallel with a 220 OHM resistor. Branch 3 has a 3.3 ohm resistor in series with two resistors in parallel. The resistors in parallel are 1000 ohm and 15K ohm respectively. What is the overall resistance of the circuit?
7. Draw a schematic diagram for a 3 branch parallel circuit running off of a 18 volt battery. Branch one should include a 1k ohm and 220 ohm resistor in series, on the way to branch two there is a 3.3 ohm resistor. In branch two there is a 120 ohm resistor in parallel with a 15,000 ohm resistor. Branch three has a 15k resistor in series with two 220 ohm resistors in parallel with each other.
Resistors needed for the Lab
1. Make a table to show your predicted resistance, actual resistance, and percent error for each of the 6 circuits.
2. Prepare for the Electronic's TEST
- Admin Forms
Unit 1: Forces and Interactions
- Unit 2: Civil Engineering >
Unit 3: Waves
- Semester Exam Review >
- Unit 4: Earth and Human Activity >
Unit 5: Astronomy
- Unit 6: Electronics and Electricity >
- Unit 8: Arduino Microcontrollers >
- Unit 7: Final Exam Review
- Study Tips
- Admin Forms
- Med Term Dictionary
- Chapter 1: Basic Word Structure >
- Chapter 2: Terms Pertaining to the Body as a Whole >
- Chapter 3: Suffixes >
- Chapter 4: Prefixes >
- Chapter 5: Digestive System >
- Chapter 6: Digestive System Suffixes >
- Chapter 7: Urinary System >
- Chapter 8: Female Reproductive System >
- Chapter 9: Male Reproductive System >
- Chapter 10: Nervous System >
- Chapter 11: Cardiovascular System >
- 1st Semester Exam
- Chapter 12: Respiratory System >
- Chapter 13: Blood System >
- Chapter 14: Immune System >
- Chapter 15: Musculoskeletal System >
- Chapter 16: Skin >
- Chapter 17: The Eye and Ear >
- Chapter 18: The Endocrine System >
- Chapter 19: Oncology >
- Chapter 20: Radiology and Nuclear Medicine >
- Chapters 21 and 22: Pharmacology and Psychiatry >
- Final Exam >
- Nature of Science and Physics >
- 1D Kinematics >
- 2D Kinematics >
- Dynamics: Forces and Newton's Laws >
- Quarter 1 Exam >
- Uniform Circular Motion and gravitation >
- Gravitation >
- Work and Energy >
- Linear Momentum and Collisions >
- Semester Exam >
- Simple Harmonic Motion >
- Waves >
- Sound Waves >
- 3rd Quarter Exam >
- Rotational Motion and Angular Momentum >
- Electric Charge, Field and potential >
- Electric Current. DC circuits, and Ohm's Law >
- Test Review >
- Post AP >
- Intervention >
- Physics >
- Defining You
- Careers in Science
- Contact Mr. Hendrikse