With a partner and in your notebook complete the three drawings on this link.
1. Correct QUIZ
2. Discussion about Reading Resistors
3. Discussion about adding resistors in series and parallel circuits.
4. Practice Adding resistors in series and parallel circuits
5. Work on homework Lab
1. Series circuit powered with 12 volts with 3.3 OHM, 100 OHM, 120 OHM and 220 OHM resisters.
2. Series circuit powered with unknown voltage uses 1 mA of current. The circuit contains 1k, 220, 15k and 3.3 OHM resistors.
3. Parallel circuit with 3 branches of resistors all powered with 7.5 volts. The first branch has a 1K OHM, 2nd branch has a 100 OHM, and 3rd branch has 220 OHM resistor.
4. Parallel circuit with 4 branches. The first branch has a 3.3 ohm resistor, 2nd branch has 120 ohm resistor, 3rd branch has 100 ohm resistor and the 4th branch has a 220 ohm resistor. There is an unknown voltage and the current is 500 mA.
5. Combination parallel and series circuit running on 18 volts. Branch 1 has a 100 and 120 ohm resistors in series. Branch 2 had 2 220 ohm resistors in series. Branch 3 has a 3.3 ohm and 1k resistor in series.
6. Combination parallel and series circuit running on an unknown voltage but using .230 amps. The first branch has a 120 ohm resistor, branch 2 has a 100 ohm resistor in parallel with a 220 OHM resistor. Branch 3 has a 3.3 ohm resistor in series with 1000 ohm and 15k resistors in parallel.
Make a table to show your predicted resistance, actual resistance, and percent error for each of the 6 circuits.
Build and use an ohm meter to test each of the 6 circuits.
- Admin Forms
Unit 1: Forces and Interactions
- Unit 2: Civil Engineering >
- Unit 3: Waves >
- Unit 4: Earth and Human Activity >
- Unit 5: Astronomy >
- Unit 6: Electronics and Electricity >
- Unit 8: Arduino Microcontrollers
- Unit 7: Final Exam Review
- Study Tips
- Admin Forms
- Med Term Dictionary
- Chapter 1: Basic Word Structure >
- Chapter 2: Terms Pertaining to the Body as a Whole >
- Chapter 3: Suffixes >
- Chapter 4: Prefixes >
- Chapter 5: Digestive System >
- Chapter 6: Digestive System Suffixes
- Chapter 7: Urinary System
- Chapter 8: Female Reproductive System
- Chapter 9: Male Reproductive System
- Chapter 10: Nervous System
- Chapter 11: Cardiovascular System
- 1st Semester Exam
- Chapter 12: Respiratory System
- Chapter 13: Blood System
- Chapter 14: Immune System
- Chapter 15: Musculoskeletal System
- Chapter 16: Skin
- Chapter 17: The Eye and Ear
- Chapter 18: The Endocrine System
- Chapter 19: Oncology
- Chapter 20: Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
- Chapters 21 and 22: Pharmacology and Psychiatry
- Final Exam
- 1. Nature of Science and Physics >
- 2. Kinematics >
- 3. Two Dimensional Kinematics >
- 4. Dynamics: Forces and Newton's Laws >
- 5. Friction, Drag, Elasticity
- 6. Gravitation and Circular Motion
- 7. Work and Energy
- 8 Linear Momentum and Collisions
- 9. Statics and Torque
- 10. Rotational Motion and Angular Momentum
- 16. Oscillatory Motion and Waves.
- 17. Physics of Hearing
- 18. Electric Charge and Field
- 19. Electric Potential and Field
- 20. Electric Current and Ohm's Law
- 21: Circuits, bioelectrity and DC Instruments
- Intervention >
- Physics >
- Defining You
- Careers in Science
- Contact Mr. Hendrikse